What is Conversion Tracking?
Through conversion tracking, the SmartDreamers Reports Module allows users to see how their advertising campaigns are influencing not only the number of conversions on their promoted jobs but also on the career website in general.
Conversions are defined as the number of times a significant action was successfully completed on your company website (ex. job application, newsletter signup, event or program registration, etc.) after candidates have clicked or viewed an ad within a specific attribution window.
Conversion Metrics Available in the SD Reports Module
The following conversion metrics are available in the Reports Module:
👉🏻 1 Day Conversions - The number of times a conversion was successfully finalized within 24 hours after the user had seen or clicked on the ad.
👉🏻 30 Day Conversions - The number of times a conversion was successfully finalized within 30 days after the user had seen or clicked on the ad. The conversions which took place within 24 hours after the user clicked or viewed your ad are also included.
An example of a job application conversion would be:
A user viewed or clicked on one of your ads and applied within 24 hours, as a result, a conversion will be counted in both columns: 1 Day Conversions & 30 Day Conversions.
❗️ Through the metrics mentioned above, we are able to track the number of completed conversions directly influenced by the click or view interactions with your campaigns. The actual conversion can happen to any job or page, not necessarily to the open position or the page promoted in your campaign.❗️
💡 Note: please contact your Customer Success Manager to configure the above metrics within the product.
🚀 Pro Tip: To check the total number of conversions (ie. the 30 days conversions), go to the Apply Button and Job Application Conversions columns under Listings/ Campaigns.
For more information on attribution systems specific to each advertising channel, please read the following article.
Job Application Scenarios to be Considered
The following job application conversions will be attributed to your ads in the following scenarios:
- A user clicks on your ad and immediately applies to the link provided. This will result in a 1-day conversion attributed to that channel.
- A user views or clicks on your ad and decides to apply later. He will search for your page at a later time and apply to the promoted job within 30 days. This will result in a 30-day conversion attributed to that ad.
- A user views or clicks on your ad and decides to apply later. He will reach your Career Page and will apply to a different position from the one promoted through your campaign within 30 days. This will result in 1 conversion attributed to that ad.
- A user views or clicks on your ad and decides to apply later. He will reach your Career Page afterward and will apply to X different positions within 30 days. This will result in X conversions attributed to that ad.
- A user views or clicks on your ad launched on 2 different channels and decides to apply later. He will reach your Career Page at a later time and will apply to a job within 30 days. This will result in 1 conversion attributed to each channel.
Other common scenarios that may affect your tracking conversions could be:
- The pixel on the website page not firing even though it was correctly placed. A possible explanation for this could be that the user cleared their cache between click and conversion, but occasionally there are cases where the reason is unknown.
- The page loading time which sometimes extends due to bad internet or heavy traffic on the website. This results in fewer conversions.
- Cookies are not as effective in mobile, as they cannot be applied everywhere. This means that not all of the mobile conversions will be accounted for.
- Changes in the website code may affect the tracking setup that was initially made.