🚀 The Basics of Remarketing for Talent Acquisition
Simply put, remarketing allows you to launch campaigns specifically targeted to users who have previously interacted with your career page. This is especially relevant when you are trying to increase conversion by going after the ones that, for whatever reason, got away and did not convert or engage on your website.
The main purpose behind the concept of remarketing, or retargeting, is to help keep your employer brand highly visible and give users a second chance to see what opportunities are on offer on your company’s website.
Candidates are generally receptive to ads relevant to their career goals and will show more interest when being targeted by ads that are aligned with their online behavior and browsing patterns.
However, taking on a new job is an important decision. Odds are that each successful application entails real consideration and research on your business and brand. Therefore, even when someone applies directly on your career page, there is a high probability that they have previously visited and researched these pages - people do not make snap decisions about their place of employment.
🚀 The Magic of SmartDreamers Remarketing
The driving force behind remarketing is the ability to target potential candidates who did not convert on your career page. The action of converting could cover anything from subscribing to one of your events, downloading an ebook or applying to one of the jobs on offer.
In order to learn and understand these behaviors, you will need to keep track of the candidates’ activity when visiting certain URLs of interest. This can be easily done by tagging your visitors’ browsers and installing tracking pixels.
Through the SmartDreamers Remarketing feature, you could easily create audiences that will automatically retarget website visitors, built on the following criteria:
- the advertising platform where you will be launching the remarketing campaigns;
- the retargeting parameters involving the desired URL, whether it is a certain sequence included in the URL or all general visits on your career page;
- A specified time frame.
While the above-mentioned tracking pixels are firing away, the established database will keep refreshing itself to create a candidate pool limited to the past days or months, ensuring your audience will always be relevant and receptive to your employer brand and message.
What actions can a potential candidate take that will allow them to be tagged by the tracking pixels?
- Pages visited (ie. you could go after users visiting your jobs section on your career page);
- Form/ Application Completed (ie. decide whether to target or exclude users that have actually finished the application process);
- Clicking on a specific Call to Action Button (ie. register to an event, download an ebook, etc.);
- Reading an article or blog post.
🚀 Measuring Recruitment Marketing ROI
There is a wealth of information regarding the efficiency of remarketing in driving talent acquisition and recruitment. The most important statistics have showcased that:
- Website visitors who are retargeted with display ads are 70% more likely to convert;
- The Click Through Rate of a retargeted ad is 10 times higher as opposed to that of a typical display ad;
- More than 70% of marketers use remarketing or retargeting to increase brand awareness.
Within our platform, the SmartDreamers Reports will give you access to the data you need to make smart, data-driven decisions - which means improved recruitment marketing efforts going forward, and a better ROI in the long run.
The relevant performance metrics of all your running remarketing campaigns (such as CTR, invested budget, clicks, views, applicants, etc.) will be automatically imported in the SD Reports module, where you will be able to create your own personalized dashboards in what is the best command center for monitoring your company’s talent acquisition flow.